Sunday, October 4, 2009

CUCM 8 release

I'm sure we are all anticipating the release of CUCM 8.x (Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.x) as well as the reset of the 8.x releases in the Unified Communications product suite. Once I pass my CCIE Voice Lab, then I will get some more info on here about CUCM 8. One item that always sticks out in my mind is the fact that the Attendant Console is being completely taken out and the Attendant Console clients will no longer work. They will be forced to upgrade to the new CUDAC or CUBAC (Cisco Unified Department/Business Attendant Console) or even the Enterprise version. There are all separate servers. I know there are a lot of people out there running many AC clients that won't like to buy another server, Windows OS license, and the price tag on the new Attendant Console.

1 comment:

Chikkis said...

here is the link for release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/docguide/8_0_1/dg801.html